Caroline L. Towery,
Real learning is not just “memorizing”. Real learning is complex and builds foundations for new concepts to be built.
NEXT WORKSHOP: “Talking to Your Child About Their Learning Differences” with Educational Psychologist, Dr. Liz Angoff
Wednesday 3/22 @ 6:30pm-8:30pm
Location: Upper Cervical Chiropractic of Marin 433 Miller Ave., Mill Valley, CA
For more information, email: ParentsEducationGroup@gmail.com
SIGN UP FOR MARCH WORKSHOP HERE:
Services Offered: (for grades K-12)
Reading & Spelling Support
Math Support (K-8th)
Writing Development Support
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some answers to the questions about Educational Therapy
What is an Educational Therapist exactly?
An educational therapist is a professional who combines educational and therapeutic approaches for evaluation, remediation, case management, and communication/advocacy on behalf of children, adolescents, and adults with learning disabilities or learning difficulties.
· Provides individualized intensive intervention in a one-on-one private setting;
· Formal and informal assessment to navigate areas of strengths & weaknesses;
· Case management to maintain and evaluate progress on specific goals
How will an Educational Therapist help my student?
· Create an individualized program based on the specific needs of your student
· Offer strategic instruction to build student’s skills
· Multi-sensory approach to learning academic concepts
· Use fun & interesting tools to make learning FUN and build their confidence!
Who do Educational Therapists work with?
Educational Therapists work with a wide range of clients with learning disabilities and learning differences, including (but not limited to): dyslexia, ADD, academic difficulties, language processing issues, poor motivation, low academic self-esteem, and poor social, organizational, and study skills.
I typically work with grades K-8 in all areas, including math! I use multiple approaches including Making Math Real, Orton-Gillingham, Handwriting Without Tears and others. (Please click the link to find out more about these programs.)
© Rachel MacDonald 2022